View website: http://www.merchantsbank.com/
The historic Merchants National Bank building
Merchants National Bank was designed in the Prairie School architectural style. It was built in 1912, and it features elaborate terra cotta and stained glass ornamentation. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 16, 1974.
Architects William Gray Purcell, George Feick, Jr., and George Grant Elmslie intended the building to appear solid and stable, to impress both bankers and customers. The design elements reflected the agricultural importance of the community, with terra cotta sculptures of grain on the exterior and murals of farm scenes, painted by their friend Albert Fleury, inside. A terra cotta eagle perches above the entrance. The interior receives sunlight through stained glass window walls and a skylight, and is also lit with vertical light standards topped by round globes.
Today’s Merchants Bank
At Merchants Bank, we’ve been helping customers and supporting the communities we serve since 1875. That commitment to service still differentiates Merchants from other financial institutions and is the reason that Merchants Bank has earned the name “The Bank that Service Built.”
Other Merchants Bank offices in Winona:
4124 W 6th Street
627 Mankato Avenue
Phone: (507) 457-1100
102 E 3rd Street
Winona, MN 55987-3416